Emcraft Systems makes available Release 1.0.1 of its A2F-Linux product
Key new features of Release 1.0.1 include:
- Secure shell (ssh) daemon (dropbear) for secure connections to the target.
- Process-to-kernel and process-to-process protection using the MPU of Cortex-M3. This feature includes a "stack red-zone" capability allowing to catch stack overflow errors as well as the check to validate data buffers supplied by user processes to the kernel via system calls. Read Application Note.
- Support for loadable kernel modules. The new capability is illustrated with a demo project (called "developer"), which showcases NFS-based development of lodable modules and user-space applications without the need to re-flash or even re-boot SmartFusion. Read More.
- High-precision clock source reference.
- The networking demo project enhanced with the capability to demo the ssh daemon and the busybox-based Web server.
- Device driver for eNVM of SmartFusion. Read Application Note.
- Boot from both compressed and uncompressed kernel (boot storage vs boot time trade-off).
For more information, read A2F-Linux 1.0.1 Release Notes.
Customers of A2F-Linux Evaluation Kit are invited to download Release 1.0.1 from the Emcraft web site at: